In this podcast, Kyra talks with Joan Blades, co-founder of MomsRising and MoveOn.org, and Ms. Magazine’s 2003 Woman of the Year. Joan recently published The Custom-Fit Workplace: Choose When, Where, and How to Work and Boost Your Bottom Line.
To download this podcast, please right-click this link and choose “Save As…”
Highlights from the conversation:
- Benefits of flexible workplaces–including less employee stress, greater respect, trust and empowerment.
- Babies at Work programs and the Parenting in the Workplace Institute
- Pilot programs–start new flexibility initiatives as pilot programs, and be ready to make changes–every workplace has unique needs
- How flex forces us to be better managers
- Why even a small amount of flex makes a big difference
- Respect that people have responsibilities outside of work
- Recognizing that your “report” inside the workplace may be your “peer” outside
- Why enabling people to manage their lives outside of work results in better performance at work